Thursday, March 01, 2007

spring is the the air...for now

I have noticed the last week or so (even with this shitastic weather we had and the high stress levels it has caused at work) that I am suprisingly happy. My mood is lighter, I am acting like a little kid with the long awaited summer vacation at hand. There is daylight when i wake up and even daylight when i leave work (early).

I feel like i want to go to shows, get a tatoo, and run around in flip flops and sundresses on a beach. Yes, it is that normal feeling I have when I am content and getting enough sunlight. Too bad I can't get a tatoo.

---
anyway i have updated my shuffle to circa 2002-2003 music I was listening to before I met Justin, most of the stuff I rememeber listening to driving alone, out east/boston/nj/pa/work/upstate with the windows down and the sound blaring and my voice screaming with the singer. This feeling of that part of me still in here, with a chance here and there to get out. I took my time walking home from the subway. A slight bit of happiness resinating from the mango daquri's and a fun night out with friends from work/freelance stuff. I nodded my head along the way and wanted so bad to dance in the street- but it wasn't that late and the street just was a little too busy for my general insanity. So I am pretty much thinking it might be a good night to go out, to catch a band, but we'll see it's been a long week.

my night out was flattering- I have been helping out with some design /branding work with some friends' start up consulting company. my head is a little bigger than normal- but i'll keep it in check. but the nice thing is the conversation B and I had about me. (and him) I miss having close gay male friends- something I am lacking in entirely- becasue of the level of intamcy that you can have without any wierdness.

maybe it's just been a while since I have had new people in my life to impress with my multi-faceted skillset,education, random talents, unusual interests and complete openness.

1 Comments:

At 11:30 AM , Blogger claire said...

Maybe you should call joe and see what he's up to. :) it's been a long time since i've heard anythign about him.

i get those nights too, but i usually don't have any way to use that energy. :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home