Friday, October 13, 2006

i hate tech support

holy god. some people should not operate heavy machinery. that includes any machine that has Windows, Mac OS and certainly not Linux.

I just don't see why or how someone who has worked as an Instructional Designer and doesn't know
A. How to navigate in windows
1. Minimize vs. Close a program
2. That you can have more than 1 windows browser window open at a time (same with web browser windows-could you imagine if they had Mozilla)
B. How to unzip/extract files from a zip file
C. (which is a late add) When a document is trying to call up a file that it can't locate the file name is in the box, You know what it is looking for- it is listed right there it tells you it wants file named: xxxx.tif

I don't want to be insulting, but I just can not imagine having worked in a training department for the last 10 years - how you could miss those topics. I know..I know.. not everyone grew up with a computer. In fact the person I just helped didn't even grow up with color television. But I don't know how someone who is a consultant can get hired without having basic computer knowledge. I know if you are doing ID work really you need to know how to write a course not how to operate a computer. But navigating windows isn't the rocket science people seem to think it is.

which brings me to the fact I am doing a course rewrite on basic computer training for customer service new hires. You know, logging in, using web access, using the intranet, getting them into the online training they will be inundated with starting their 2nd day.

Which also bring me to the fact that when I walk out of work - work stays behind these doors, I haven't even mentioned to j about all these projects I am working on, probably because I really like the projects so I am not ranting about some idiotic issue. I think the other half of it as I was on the road for 2 weeks, on top of having strep (no sore throat but my tonsils looked really disgusting) and my mouth got all sore it was gross. I felt fine, but I was sick. So being home the last few days taking some antibiotics I am feeling better. it's funny that sometimes you don't even know you were feeling bad. I only felt exhausted and I blamed all of that on the fact I was sleeping in a hotel.

I have been doing some fun shopping in-between flying. I am waiting for my new polymorphe pants to come in, and I am also pricing getting a hat made in latex or buying this beautiful dress from delicia. Rubber ball is less than a month away- so I have to make the decision in the next few days. I adore the dress, but I will probably get more use out of the hat and the top i picked out.

decisions....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home