Monday, October 30, 2006

on the road again

I spent the weekend (on a last minute decision) on a road trip with my parents to go visit my grandma and grandpa. My mom and dad were already traveling there and Friday morning at 10 am I decided I would be joining them. So I wrapped up my work, drove like a mad woman home at noon, packed a bag and met my mom at 2 at penn, and was on the roped by 330. Only after my mom and I downed some margaritas and brisket at dallas on 72nd.

my mom turns into me when she drinks. it was amazing to hear my mom say words like "cock and bearded clam" we giggled the first hour on the road then I fell asleep and my mom stopped talking, and it was my dad who tried to keep up entertained and we drove 8 long hours to ohio.

My family greeted us at the door. And the whirl wind of catching up began. It was one of the nicest trips I have ever had. The weekend was great. I bolted out the door at 8 am yesterday and hopped on a plane back to NY (this was I escaped the family dinner with my uncle and his fiance and my evil aunt- my mom and dad went to the jets game)
I was back in brooklyn ny 1 and relaxed and napping by 3. No arguments, no constructive critiquing about my weight (my whole family is under a 115 pounds- so being a size 8 is like being a monster)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home