Sunday, August 14, 2005

vacaction or nightmare

i am home, and very glad to be home at that.

I didnt enjoy my vacation as much as i should have. somehow, visiting family can be very stressful, especially when they forget you are pushing thirty. And you were the same age they were when they delivered you from your mother's womb.

I enjoyed swimming on the beach and laying around in the sun. But I find snorkeling on the big reefs scary and dislike the "pushing" of having to do these things. I dont swim well and gasping for air and breathing in mouthfuls of salt water are not fun. For someone who swims 2 times a year usually floats and keeps her upper chest above water being in the open ocean on a giant reef is tramatic. If I could have gone home right then and there I would have. From that moment on my trip was miserable. My aunt complains and is miserable about everything. Shoot me before I hit menopause. It is not that I am not grateful for being able to stay in their home, it is just trying on the soul to hear 2 people so angry at everything. and miserable with everything including their 1.3 million dollar condo in a beautiful ocean front resort. I also never want to be a staunch republican. I may be conservative on business issues, but I am not about personal liberties and choices to be gay, march in the street as I please.

I have never heard someone complain so much about everything in my life. She swears she is just like my quiet mild mannered never speaking gradfather when infact is a clone of my over bearing, oppressive and controlling grandmother who obsesses about everything.

"Oh you look great, although people may thing you look 7 months pregant"

I think part of my issue with staying there was the fact I am used to being free. Not answering to anyone. Having a car, a subway, things to do alone. Eating what I want to dinner. That I am not a child of 10 although she seems to feel that way.

"you and justin should move here and we'll convert the first floor of the condo and you can get a job teaching at the high school and justin can open up a computer repair shop"

i think that the max amt of time I can visit here is 3 days. Which is actually 60 hours more than I can visit my grandmother. "

I eat so healthy I eat meat and dairy and grains" And everything you eat is covered in melted cheese and fried beef. I wanted to vomit. My worst is a fried chicken sandwich and french fries I eat once a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home