Thursday, March 30, 2006

a new look

so it was time, the pink was killing me, the title needed a change, and so i did what i wanted to do and used a different, cleaner looking template

i am back at my desk, and i realized i just don't blog as much as i used to. back when i had my own office, and i spent a lot of time editing video and waiting for things to render out, i spent time blogging. looking at craigslist, planning time away.

now, there are days i go with out reading email even at home.

is it that i am any busier?
no, i am about the same on busy level. the work i do now i feel has more clout and impact than the work i did before. i spend for more time in meetings, far more time doing work away from my desk.

maybe that is the change. i do not sit still as much as i used to.
i also do not feel the need to bitch about work at my new place. i like the work. i like the people. i like taking the train. i like not taking classes every night. i like having my thesis finished.

maybe that is the change, I am simply happier with the status of my day to day life, including not living in a house hold with insane landlords, or leaky ceilings, or no heat. content with my relationship even if it has its stressful times. pleased with my choice of lifestyle. amounts ot work related travel and weekends away.

financially, i am broke. i just do not care. i pay all my bills, i am trying to figure a way to keep my car and still save some money and start paying off my student loans. i buy latex once in awhile. i stopped buying clothes for work. i go out now and again. i have dinners at home and pack my lunch. but i wouldn't change my late 20's living 3 minutes from 1st Ave and 14th in williamsburg, and paying a lot of money in rent. i pay for the things i love. the fun of nyc, and the nice old school street i live on. although i should refrain from 2 times a month at acupuncture, but it makes me feel so good!

i guess one of these days i will figure it all out; as for now..
the sun is shining, i had salmon for lunch and a half smile on my face.

1 Comments:

At 3:33 PM , Blogger claire said...

well you seem a whole lot happier. you're doing just fine since you've left us behind here.

:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home